Twenty years of dedicated research, we can come up with nondestructive depth analysis and testing of photovoltaic panels. As a result today you can easily obtain data claiming panel. In the photovoltaic field we respected authority, our results will not be swept aside.
The result is influenced by the partial outputs of each method and gives a picture of the defects and qualities of concrete samples.
Do you need review of PVPP for example in case of buying PV power plant?.. Use our technical audit (technical due diligence)
- comprehensive assessment of the technical state
- definition of risk
- troubleshooting suggestions
- review of constructions, wiring, inverters, panels, project, production data, etc.
- independent report from an accredited laboratory
A-V ANALYSIS – FLASH TEST
- Voltampere characteristics measuring by a calibrated photovoltaic panel tester.
- It works as a basic method for assessing the performance of photovoltaic power panel and its possible variations.
- It is used as determinative criterion for the standard complaints of panel electrical characteristics.
For more exact assessment of a panel reduced power (causes it is necessary to use one of) the following diagnostic methods:
Method results are considered as a key quality indicator of the sample. However the correct interpretation of the results is offen forgotten.
- Fast and effective method for location of defects that can cause loss of electrical power panel.
- The method working on the detection of the infrared spectrum which is invisible to the human eye. Thermography itself is not sufficient to demonstrate defects in the panel. The presence of the warmer areas may have an effect on its electrical characteristics, but also may not.
Type of defects which we can detect by using thermography:
- Transitionalt resistance in soldered link,
- resistance in the connector,
- low parallel resistance of the individual solar cell (internal short-circuit in the structure of the solar cell)
- faulty or polarity permeable bypass diode
- current-voltage characteristics differences of individual cells in a photovoltaic module
- shading of of each cell or parts.
This method works on the opposite principle than thermal imager -instead of illumination is the current delivered in the panel. The panel then issues radiation that senses scientific CCD camera.
- The method shows the distribution of currents in the panel (the parts), and highlights local inhomogeneities and possible failure.
- The images obtained using electroluminescence can be seen black, light places and fully functional mono-crystalline solar cell is homogeneous, then distribution of bright colors. In case of multi-crystalline solar cells can this method also discover monocrystaline domains and their transitions to neighbor domains, oriented another way.
Types of defects that can help detect by electroluminescence:
- cracks and microcracks in the cell,
- broken metallization on each cell,
- electrically disabled part of the panel (of the articles or the whole chain)
- other inhomogeneities - detection of technology mistakes formed before encapsulating cells in a photovoltaic panel (inhomogeneous firing of conductive pastes, diffusion, etc.).
MOBILE MEASUREMENT OF I-V CHARACTERISTICS
It is an effective method for current-voltage characteristics evaluation of individual panels. This method is performed directly in the construction of photovoltaic plant.
What does this method do?
- detection of current-voltage characteristics variations in panels without time-consuming and expensive tests in the laboratory,
- detects a faulty string in the panel.
- accurate temperature measurement and illumination intensity of panel by Pyranometer calibrated (ISO 9060:1990 (E) Secondary standard).
CLIMATIC CHAMBER - ARTIFICIAL AGEING
Tests in a climatic chamber (according to standards IEC / IEC) provides an accelerated aging test solar panels. You will find out what attributes the solar panels have after several years of operation under the standard climatic conditions.
- Temperature cycling test burdens the sample by rapid temperature changes.
Subsequently, the different values influence of the thermal expansion coefficient of
different material parts of the solar panel lead to discover hidden defects (faulty soldering, damage
articles delamination, poor performance and insulation resistance).
- Freezing moisture test shows reduced resistance of the moisture of the solar panel caused by
- Damp heat test, verify the resistance of the panel tower long- term damp effect.
(42 days). Panels with damaged solar cells have often a significant power reduction.
Climatic chamber is also suitable for performing out stress tests of other types of technical products
(car industry, electronics, construction, engineering ...).